Celebs Showing of Self-Confidence through Displaying Underarm Hair
Celebs who exhibit underarm hair as the height of self-assurance. Another victory for team no-nicks-and-cuts follows the return of the complete bush: grown-out underarm hair.
A recent research found that almost about one out of four women under the age of 25 no longer shave their underarms.
And following lockdown, it’s probable that more people are violating outmoded body hair taboos, with many adopting a more worn-in appearance.
Thankfully, beauty standards are expanding as more superstars publicly blur the lines between genders. But the celebrities who defied body hair traditions in earlier decades set the groundwork for this long needed change in society’s beauty norms.
List of Celebs Showing off their Underarm Hair
1. By wearing curve-hugging halter dresses and showcasing grown out armpit hair in the Golden Age of Hollywood, Sophia Loren revolutionized bombshell beauty.
2. Grace Jones’s arm pits fuzz in the 1970s and 1980s was a hip addition to her gender-bending fashion.
3. America’s sweetheart Julia Roberts, who then in 1999 greeted the audience at the Notting Hill premiere with brazen thickets of underarm growth, shocking the industry.
4. Lola Kirke, who walked the 2017 Golden Globes red carpet with body hair that was visible and close to the sweetheart neckline.
5. Janelle Monáe made a powerful norm-defying entrance at the 2022 Met Gala carrying a futuristic, covered in gold Ralph Lauren attire with fuzzy underarms.