Billy Ray Cyrus Premieres “Hope Is Just Ahead” Duet Featuring Dionne Warwick

Posted on Jan 30 2014 - 6:42pm by Danity Donnaly

billyraycyrus

USA TODAY.com has world-premiered “Hope Is Just Ahead,” the new video from the multi-GRAMMY-nominated and award-winning country and rock musician-singer-songwriter BILLY RAY CYRUS. The uplifting song features the GRAMMY-winning legendary vocalist Dionne Warwick. Recorded at Jamie Foxx’s studio in Los Angeles, “Hope Is Just Ahead” will impact radio on Monday, February 3rd, 2014. A portion of the proceeds from the sale of “Hope Is Just Ahead” will be donated to “Do The Write Thing-National Campaign to Stop Violence” HERE.

“As a singer-songwriter I’ve always tried to capture the truth and honesty of life. Sometimes it’s that moment of truth that becomes far too real and reveals the sacrifice that has been made,” explains songwriter BILLY RAY CYRUS. “This song is about change. It’s about looking at our past mistakes and learning from them as a society. More than anything …it’s about ‘Hope’ and a better tomorrow…if we will only allow ourselves to believe.”

“’Hope Is Just Ahead.’ What a title, what lyrics, what meaning. I am so proud of the fact that I was asked to do this as a duet with Billy Ray,” adds Dionne Warwick. “‘Hope Is Just Ahead’ is saying everything most of the songs I have recorded in the past fifty years have said. It’s a song of hope, inspiration, love, compassion, sharing, caring, and giving. These things make the world go round. I certainly hope that people listen to the lyrics of this song and that they’ll be inspired to do what this song is saying to do and know hope is just ahead.”

Watch the clip for “Hope Is Just Ahead” exclusively on USA TODAY.com here:

About BILLY RAY CYRUS:
The multi GRAMMY-nominated BILLY RAY CYRUS is an American country and rock musician and songwriter who has sold more than 25 million albums internationally; he has also had three No. 1 hit singles. Over the course of 12 studio albums since 1992, Cyrus has earned nearly 30 chart singles, including 15 Top 40 hits. Cyrus has also received major music awards including American Music Awards, Billboard Music Awards and Country Music Association Awards. Over the last decade, Cyrus has established himself as a successful musician, actor in TV and film, performing in lead roles such as the title character of the PAX-TV series “Doc” and as Robby Ray Stewart, the father of daughter Miley Cyrus’ fictional character in the smash Disney Channel series “Hannah Montana.” A developer of the hit TV series “Surprise Homecoming” on TLC, Cyrus has multiple TV projects currently in development. In 2013 alone, he released his latest solo album Change My Mind (Blue Cadillac Music), a best-selling memoir Hillbilly Heart and performed on Broadway in Chicago in the beloved role of Billy Flynn. NPR noted of his memoir Hillbilly Heart “There’s something very refreshing about Billy Ray Cyrus’ new memoir Hillbilly Heart. It’s not just that he’s candid about being, at many points throughout his life, a headstrong jerk, or, as he puts it, a ‘heathen,’ an imperfect man.”–John Rabe. With the release of “Hope Is Just Ahead” a duet with the legendary singer Dionne Warwick and multiple singles as well as a new album planned for mid-year, Billy shows no signs of slowing down in 2014.

37 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Jocelyn January 31, 2014 at 6:44 pm - Reply

Do people still listen to him?

2. MHU January 31, 2014 at 6:46 pm - Reply

I just dont’ get the appeal

3. MK January 31, 2014 at 9:40 pm - Reply

Oh I love me some Dionne Warwick!

4. busybee January 31, 2014 at 11:57 pm - Reply

Who knew Dionne was still making music

5. Janelle February 1, 2014 at 2:23 pm - Reply

No forever Billy Ray

6. Allie February 1, 2014 at 2:23 pm - Reply

How could Dionne Warwick let herself be tainted like that?

7. Michelle @ Divas With A Purpose February 2, 2014 at 9:55 pm - Reply

Billy Ray and Dionne Warwick put together a fantastic duet. The words and message behind this song are so powerful and touching.

8. Theresa February 2, 2014 at 11:53 pm - Reply

I never was a fan of Billy Ray. Not because of him personally, I just never listened to country music when he was big. My mom sure did love him though! I bet she will enjoy the new song!

9. Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell February 2, 2014 at 11:54 pm - Reply

I wouldn’t have thought to combine those two voices! However, in some crazy way it works!

10. Michele February 3, 2014 at 4:24 am - Reply

Dionne Warwick has always been a favorite of mine-and although I never actually heard of Billy Ray Cyrus (or maybe I have heard his songs and just didn’t know it?) if Dionne says it is a good song–I believe her!

11. Robin (Masshole Mommy) February 3, 2014 at 5:46 am - Reply

I had no idea he was still making music. Maybe he’s trying to undo some of the damage Miley has done to the family name?

12. kay adeola February 3, 2014 at 8:41 am - Reply

I love Dionne Warwick but not him so much never really listened to his music.

13. Lawna February 3, 2014 at 12:01 pm - Reply

I had no clue he was still around! You hear so much about Miley,but never anything about Billy Ray.

14. Sarah Bailey February 3, 2014 at 1:17 pm - Reply

I have no idea he was still putting much out – I’m not a fan myself but I guess I can see why some people like it :) X

15. Nicole A. February 3, 2014 at 2:16 pm - Reply

Not much of a billy ray fan. I do love the title though.

16. Amber Edwards February 3, 2014 at 2:55 pm - Reply

Oh I would love to hear this one! I love BRC and Dionne Warwick! They would make a fabulous duet! And I seriously love the title of this project. So much hope, when most of the music industry is all about “me me me, Mine, what can I get, and sex”. Bleh. Hope is a much better message.

17. Wendy Bottrell February 3, 2014 at 4:10 pm - Reply

I enjoy both artists. Thanks for sharing this new song

18. Terry February 3, 2014 at 4:41 pm - Reply

I have always liked Billy Ray Cyrus… LOL just because he had a daughter like he did… doesn’t make him any less of a singer. I would never have thought of these two together though…

19. Pam February 3, 2014 at 5:58 pm - Reply

I wouldn’t have imagined these two doing a duet. However, it works better than I’d have thought.

20. Jennifer Williams February 3, 2014 at 7:15 pm - Reply

I love when celebrities come together to do something good, This duet was absolutely beautiful thank you so much for making me aware of this one.

21. Amanda Love February 3, 2014 at 7:47 pm - Reply

I had no idea Dionne Warwick was still singing and a duet with Billy Ray Cyrus to boot! That’s an amazing duet right there. I love them both!

22. Aisha Kristine Chong February 3, 2014 at 8:11 pm - Reply

I never really heard about him but seems like the music was amazing.

23. Veronica February 3, 2014 at 9:12 pm - Reply

Great message and heart behind this song. I’m not really a country fan, but the addition of Dionne Warwick is fantastic

24. Ashley Wintters February 3, 2014 at 10:16 pm - Reply

I never would have thought to put those two voices together! Not a huge fan of either of them, but it works

25. Tough Cookie Mommy February 3, 2014 at 10:54 pm - Reply

I think it is great that he did a song with Dionne Warwick. He probably should spend more time giving his daughter some advice though…

26. amanda February 4, 2014 at 2:19 am - Reply

I think any good is better than anything else – better than drama :)

27. Ronnie February 4, 2014 at 10:53 am - Reply

I always liked Billy Ray. It’s a bit of a shame that he’s overshadowed by his daughter’s antics nowadays, but he has a good voice and lyrical abilities in his own right.

28. Ashley Gill February 4, 2014 at 10:56 am - Reply

What an interesting pairing.. What a moving song. I agree with Billy Ray needing to guild Miley a little more!

29. Rachee February 4, 2014 at 12:24 pm - Reply

I would have never thought of Billy Ray Cyrus and Dionne Warrick as a duet. Good for them!

30. becca February 4, 2014 at 1:03 pm - Reply

i am a huge billy ray fan and this duet is beautiful i didn’t realize he was still recording.

31. Fan R @TeddyOutReady February 4, 2014 at 1:54 pm - Reply

Glad to see the artists partnering for a good reason, I may be not so forward thinking in the music trends but great song always goes deep into your heart and remembered.

32. Robyn February 4, 2014 at 2:27 pm - Reply

I love Dionne Warwick, Billy not so much. But I actually like the song. I would buy it!

33. Marielle Altenor February 4, 2014 at 3:06 pm - Reply

“Hope Is Just Ahead” has a great message behind it. Regardless who is signing it! It’s always saddens me when I hear stories of school shootings. I personally loved the song!

34. Kristen from The Road to Domestication February 4, 2014 at 3:11 pm - Reply

Now, that’s an interesting duo for a song! Kinda neat! Thanks for this post, I had no idea they were doing this!

35. Nikki February 4, 2014 at 3:31 pm - Reply

I have to admit, I know nothing about him. I’ve never been a fan of his music. Isn’t Miley his daughter?

36. Melanie a/k/a CrazyMom February 4, 2014 at 7:08 pm - Reply

Thanks for sharing.. I can’t wait I love both BRC and DW, different duo, that’s for sure but I bet it will be awesome…

37. Mina Slater February 4, 2014 at 8:55 pm - Reply

Wow, iv haven’t heard Dionne sing in such a long time. I like the lyrics & message of the song & that it’s helping a good cause. But I’m not a fan of Billy Ray so listening to it wasn’t really my cup of tea. Still, kudos for making a song that actually means something.

Leave A Response