On Thursday, June 27th Carly Rae Jepsen and Natalie Morales joined Seventeen magazine at the Hearst Tower to celebrate their 3rd annual Pretty Amazing contest finalists. The winner of the Pretty Amazing contest will appear on the October 2013 cover of Seventeen and win a $10,000 scholarship from Neutrogena.
The five finalists were selected from over 23,000 talented, determined and creative girls to be flown to New York City to meet with Editor in Chief Ann Shoket, the 2013 celebrity guest judge, Grammy nominated recording artist Carly Rae Jepsen, and first-time Pretty Amazing Mentor Natalie Morales. They are:
· YouTube Superstar Paige McKenzie, 19, of Portland, OR
· HIV/AIDS Activist and Educator Paige Rawl, 18, of Indianapolis, IN
· 2016 Olympic Hopeful & All State Wrestling Champion Kay-Ci Bele, 17, of Plantation, FL
· The Next Cake Boss Ant Roman, 20 of Ridgefield, NJ
· Tech Genius Stacey Ferreira, 20, of Scottsdale, AZ
The Pretty Amazing contest is an awe-inspiring look at the achievements, passion and drive of young women across the country who have already made their mark in the world, regardless of their young age. The winner of the contest (open to girls from ages 15 to 22) is awarded with a once-in-lifetime opportunity to appear on the cover of the nation’s largest teen magazine and showcase their remarkable story to an audience of over 12 million readers.
Images via Amanda Schwab/StarPix for Seventeen