Twelve of the most philanthropic celebrities of 2012 are teaming up with global charity auction site Charitybuzz.com for 12 DAYS OF GIVING, a holiday auction for social good. From December 6 through 17, each celebrity-giving ambassador will auction an incredible experience to raise funds for their favorite cause, as well as reveal why philanthropy is personally significant to them during the holidays.
Justin Bieber, Chevy Chase, Andy Cohen, Kathie Lee Gifford & Hoda Kotb, Hunter Hayes, Padma Lakshmi, Cyndi Lauper, Russell Simmons, James Taylor, Charlize Theron, Bruce Willis and Harvey Weinstein have signed on as celebrity giving ambassadors. Bidding is open to supporters around the globe from December 6 – 17.
You can check out the available auctions here.
CELEBRITY QUOTES + AUCTION EXPERIENCES:
Bid on Charlize Theron’s beautiful Dior watch, plus receive a note from Charlize, to benefit the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project.
• Charlize Theron – “During the holiday season, I am especially grateful for all the individuals who have dedicated their lives to helping youth. At CTAOP we have the privilege of being able to support some of these amazing individuals and organizations on the ground in Africa. Their efforts to give young people the tools to keep themselves safe from HIV will help protect and shape the next generation of leaders.”
Join Padma Lakshmi for an afternoon of spice shopping and cooking to benefit the Endometriosis Foundation.
• Padma Lakshmi – “The perfect way for me to give back this holiday season is to combine the two things I’m most passionate about: food and women’s health. I’m excited to be able to share my love of spices, and have it benefit a
cause that couldn’t be more personal and close to my heart. With the money we raise we will be able to give back all year long.”
Join Harvey Weinstein for a one-on-one meeting in NY or LA to benefit The Rose Home
• Harvey Weinstein – ” The holidays are a time we reflect on family and helping others. It this is a time of year when I’m most thankful for what I have, and I feel privileged to be fortunate enough to give back. As a father of four girls, it is important to me that girls are given the opportunity to succeed in life, regardless of where they come from. The Rose Home is a cause dear to my heart because it provides much needed shelter to girls in India who come from difficult circumstances.”
Score a motorcycle from Bruce Willis’s personal collection to benefit the Boot Campaign.
• Bruce Willis – “I wanted to use my bikes in a way that would benefit our military service members, and I am thankful to have found the Boot Campaign as the catalyst for using my bikes in a way that will give back to our country’s true heroes. These bikes have been a lot of fun to ride, and my hope is they can do a lot of good for our veterans.”
Join Kathie Lee Gifford & Hoda Kotb on set at the Today Show for a glass of wine to benefit Autism Speaks
• Hoda Kotb – “The holidays are a time when …more than ever…people need a little extra love. The funny thing is that by “giving” you end up “getting”… you get filled up by the very people who you are trying to help out. What a beautiful thing.”
• Kathie Lee Gifford – “We are sending needy, hurting people to see SCANDALOUS on Broadway through the NewYorkDreamCenter.org, hoping to bring some holiday cheer and a sense of peace into their lives.”
Join Andy Cohen and sit in as the celebrity guest during an upcoming rehearsal of Watch What Happens Live to benefit Friends in Deed
• Andy Cohen – “This is the best time of year to think about others and to give. The free services that Friends in Deed provides to people in crisis are unparalleled. But they can’t continue to help others without your help. I want to keep FID alive for many years to come.”
Spend the day with Hunter Hayes at a music video shoot to benefit Musicians of Call.
• Hunter Hayes – “Music has always been a very important part of the holidays in our family. As a kid, every Christmas I hoped for a new piece of music equipment, whether it was a new instrument or gear to record my music on. I believe music is a gift in so many ways. This year, I really want to give the gift of music back with Musicians on Call.”
Join James Taylor for a holiday evening at the theatre to benefit the Berkshire Theatre Group.
• James Taylor – “Gratitude is the best attitude, to realize how very fortunate we are. This beautiful country, our precious freedom, secured for us by the sacrifice of so many…Give thanks!…Pass it on!”
Join Russell Simmons for a private yoga session in Los Angeles to benefit RUSH Philanthropic’s Art for Life.
• Russell Simmons – “Each and every day I try to positively impact someone else. During the holidays, and every day really, this is the most important message I can spread. People become busy and often lose sight of this. Good Givers are great Getters. Do something good for someone else, it helps bring you happiness too.”
Meet Cyndi Lauper backstage at the premiere of KINKY BOOTS on Broadway and attend the after-party to benefit the True Colors Fund.
• Cyndi Lauper – “I believe every person, especially young people, in the world – whether gay, straight, bisexual, transgender – deserves to feel safe, loved and respected during the holidays and throughout the year. Up to forty percent of all homeless youth in this country identify as gay or transgender, primarily because of family rejection. As a mom, I could never imagine throwing my kid away for any reason, let alone because of their sexual orientation or gender identity. That is why the True Colors Fund created the Forty to None Project, to ensure that no young person is ever forced out of their homes again because of them being gay or transgender.”
Join Chevy Chase for lunch in NY to benefit the Green Schools Initiative
• Chevy Chase – “Christmas has always been a time when my whole family can be together! Filled with love, “gimme”, ” I don’t need this”, and “will my new alligator tires really change the environment, as of 1972?” Use your head. Help save the environment! Forget the tires: that’s done. Just don’t drive with gasoline. Merry Christmas and a Happy and responsible New Year!!”
Meet Justin Bieber backstage at an upcoming concert to benefit the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California
• Justin Bieber recently wrote, “If I can do just one-tenth of the good Michael Jackson did for others, I can really make a difference in this world.”
Which one will YOU bid on???